Sunday, February 1, 2009

My 1st Wire Wrap!


This is the very first wire wrapped piece of jewelry I attempted since my last surgery in December 2008. Even with residual paralysis in my arms & hands, this piece is unbelievable! The colors remind me of springtime!
The lampwork focal was made by one of my favorite artisans. Her work is very sought after & very costly. But every once in a while I feel the need to splurge, and this was SO worth it! The length of the entire focal is about 4.5 inches. Wow!
I used Fluorite rondelles on gold filled wire & gold vermeil headpins. There's also lavender and dark purple smooth Chalcedony heart brios along with micro faceted light green Chalcedony heart brios. There are 2 gold vermeil Bali beadcaps on the "egg" lampwork bead.
For the necklace, I wrapped light green faceted Chalcedony nuggets. Then I wrapped faceted Amethyst nuggets with light green micro faceted Fluorite rondelles, and then micro faceted Amethyst rondelles with more green Fluorite rondelles. All beads are wire wrapped with gold fill wire. Not plated, not vermeil.
I finished this stunner with a 14kt gold toggle clasp. It measures approx. 24.5 inches, including the focal.
You can purchase this at my ArtFire store!

1 comment:

  1. You really are amazing! So many surgeries, but your spirits are always high. This is a beautiful piece, and the gemstones and lampwork bead are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete